VMworld 2017 session voting is started couple of weeks back and if you ask me, this is great opportunity for us to influence what we would like to see at this mega event. I thought to just have one small post asking for your votes for some sessions we have submitted.
If you do not know what is VMworld: VMworld is a global conference for virtualization and cloud computing, hosted by VMware. It is the number-one event for enabling the digital enterprise. VMworld 2017 brings you innovation to accelerate your journey to a software-defined business—from mobile devices to the data center and the cloud. Every year VMware hosts this mega event both in US as well as Europe
This year, there are record 1300+ sessions submitted by VMware fraternity (VMware customers, partners, vExperts, Employees) on multiple areas such as Cloud Computing, End User Computing (EUC), Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC) and mobility management etc.
Below are the sessions we submitted. If you like these sessions,please make sure you vote before 13th April.
1. DRS Cluster Rules Manager :New configuration management approach  (Breakout session: 60 min)
2. Quick talk on VMware Log Tuner (VLT)  (Quick talk: 30 min)
3. Overview on DRS Cluster Rules Manager :New configuration management approach  (Quick talk : 30 min):
Session 1 & 3 are about the fling that we recently released. i.e. Cluster Rules Manager . We would like to take the configuration management approach demonstrated by this fling to the several specialized use-cases from vCenter server.
Here are some of FAQs can help you on casting your valuable vote
Q: How do I cast my vote?
A: First, head over to the voting site: https://my.vmworld.com/scripts/catalog/uscatalog.jsp
1. Click on the each above link or Search for each sessions listed above, you can either search using session name or ID
2. To vote for a session, click on the star value (1-5 stars) on the Session ID to indicate your preference. off-course, we want 5 stars.
3. You’ll be prompted to log in (if not already logged in) to your VMworld account to have your vote recorded. (If you don’t have a VMworld account, you can set one up for free: https://www.vmworld.com/myvmworld-update!input.jspa)
4. Colored stars confirms that you have successfully voted.
Note: As per me, it is great to open VMworld account using our official email id.
Q:How many sessions can I vote on?
A:You can vote on as many sessions as you’d like. However, you may not vote multiple times for the same session.
Q: How does my vote impact the VMworld 2017 agenda?
A: Your vote will be considered by the VMware Content Team as they make decisions about 2017 session content. In addition, the VMworld 2017 program reserves space on the agenda for “customer choice” sessions that receive particularly high ratings. Tell a friend to vote, and you might see your favorite session on the agenda this August or September.
Q: Who can participate in session voting?
A: Session voting is open to everyone. You will need to log in to your vmworld.com account to participate. If you do not have a vmworld.com account, you can set one up for free. : https://www.vmworld.com/myvmworld-update!input.jspa